Monday, June 2, 2008

Chasing Song

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1bPZL0ROC_E#


Now and then these feet just take to wanderingNow and then I prop them up at homeSometimes I think about the consequencesSometimes I don't
Well, I realize that falling down ain't gracefulBut I thank the Lord that falling's full of graceSometimes I take my eyes off JesusAnd you know that's all it takes
Well I wish that I could say that at the close of every dayI was happy with the way that I'm behaving
'Cause Job, he chased and answerThe wise men chased the ChildJacob chased her 14 years and he Captured Rachel's smileMoses chased the Promised LandJoseph chased a dreamDavid, he chased God's own heartAll I ever seem to chase is me
Well, they say a race can only have one winnerAnd you know you've got to pull out front to winGod knows the only time I'm winningIs when I'm chasing Him
Well I wish that I could say that at the close of every dayI was happy with the way that I'm behaving
'Cause Samson chased a womanand he chased the PhilistinesI'm not quite sure what Jonah chasedBut I know he caught the seaCain, he chased the harvestWhile Abel chased the beastsDavid, he chased God's own heartAll I ever seem to chase is meAnd Jesus chased the moneymenAnd he chased his Father's willHe chased my sin to CalvaryAnd he caught it on that hillSaul, he chased the ChristiansTill his blindness made him seeDavid, he chased God's own heartAll I ever seem to chase is me~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~A few years ago, I was in physical therapy with a therapist that was a christian. He and I were talking about how God seemed to be holding both of us to what we were learning in our Bible studies. It seemed, that we were being held to a higher standard than those of us around us. We wondered if it was to prove a point. One of obedience, surrender ... character. Being a witness for the name of God.
If we are going to declare ourselves Christian, and yet go around acting like slobs, using fowl language, complaining, speeding (breaking the laws of the land) and acting in ways that didn't separate us from anything else, then what really set us apart as a Christian? No wonder no one really liked Christians!
Shortly after that, I recieved TWO speeding tickets (like, within one week!!)
I happened to really like working out. Physical therapy to me was a lot of fun. I really enjoyed it with this particular therapist because we tended to talk about things of Bible studies, church, and things that were otherwise intellectually stimulating.
So, I would go ..and work out ...and really enjoy it ... until he'd make me do those dadblasted BALANCE exercises. I have awful balance. Lupus and MG have really destroyed my ability to balance, and he was determined to try to rebuild some of that.
So, we'd start to work on the balance ...and as soon as we did, I'd start to gripe and complain ..and moan and groan ...
well, shortly after we had the conversation of God holding us accountable for our behavior ... it never ever failed ... if my mouth started to be less than nice ... this particular song managed to find it's way on the radio within a sentence or two.
After about the third day, it made it's way through my consciencensss ... ok God. I get the point. Am I happy with the way that I am behaving?
The other day, after I'd posted the previous blog, i got into the car, and what was on the blog ...but the chasing song.
I know that I have to find a new way to respond ... I know that I have to find the appropriate way ... to find that balance in my response to mom. I wish that I could say that at the close of every day that I'm happy in the way that I'm behaving. I'm chasing myself in circles ... my balance is off ... the ability is there ...but God has the answer ...and in the long run, the answer is about HIM, and she is HIS child ...and that is where i need to be looking ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home