Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Picks, not much of a choice.

So, it looks like we have an answer. Picks disease.

So many things, have fallen into place ... the MRI's showing brain atrophy (why we've had three over the last 6 years showing increased atrophy, with increased white spots (I should remember what they're called, but I don't) and they keep telling me it's 'normal in the aging process ...we don't normally see it this young, but it is normal.'.

The lack of ability to control her inibihitions (ie ...the post on the sunday with the worship pastor's wife ...following me around church, interrupting like a child ... lack of social skills) lack of control of general behavior ...

Her inability to relate to someone else pain, and how it only relates to her. The seemingly increasing selfishness ... it's all listed as symptoms of Picks.

I've been stalling for several days to write this. But tonight I found out that ...she gave my son a $20 graduation present in the form of a check, then told him to not cash it ..AND borrowed $100 from him to cover bounced checks.

This makes month number 7 that she's bounced her checking account. Source number 10 or 12 ..lost track of it ... that she's borrowed from to cover those bounces ...

He tried to make me feel guilty for asking him not to do it again. How can I help her if I can't HELP HER?

Helping her in secret like that isn't really helping anything!

Somethin's gotta give.

I lost a friend this week. A dear friend. I blogged about it on my 'real blog'.

I am making an effort to make sure that my friends know how much I care ... and that nothing goes unsaid or undone as it did with this precious friend.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger denverdoc said...

An answer, pieces in place...but still a dilemma as to what to do. I'm sorry that you and your sister are not on better terms or at least on the same page to deal with all that lies ahead.

August 6, 2008 at 9:02 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Ouch! Another piece of the puzzle, but still a puzzle. I feel for you. It's a tough road up ahead. Keep your chin up.

August 19, 2008 at 7:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home